Wed, 5 May 2010
Robert Michael Smith, a pioneer in digital sculpting chats with host Bridgette Mongeon about the history of digital sculpting and future directions.
A personal note from the host- Bridgette Mongeon (icreate) I enjoyed talking with Robert Michael Smith. We covered so many interesting topics during the podcast. It seems appropriate to have this pioneer in digital work and a traditional sculptor for our first podcast interview. I am sorry that our podcast time is limited to 30 minutes as I had to edit out such great material. I'm glad he will return to talk about other topics in Art and Technology.
Robert Michael Smith
* A pioneer in digital technology and sculpting
* A traditional sculptor.
* Sat on the board of Directors of the International Sculpture Center
* 1993-2003 Bord member for the Manhattan chapter of SIGGRAPH
* President Emeritus of the Sculptors Guild, founding board member of the Digital Stone Project
* Professor NYIT Fine arts
* Featured in the Digital Stone Exhibition Sponsored by Autodesk
You are welcome to use this podcast on your website. For further information and possible images associated with this podcast visit the podcast page of DigitalSculpting.net
For more information and more podcasts visit DigitalSculpting.net
Some of these podcasts are made into enhanced podcasts with images and can be found on youtube.
Art and Technology Podcast
“A fire side chat where innovation, creativity, technology and science meet.”